| *PLEASE NOTE: PEI prints at a temperature of 340°C or higher. Please make sure your printer is capable of safely sustaining such temperatures for prolonged periods of time while printing. It is also highly advisable that you print this material in a fully enclosed printer with an actively heated chamber.
Our PEI filament is made from genuine PEI resin. An amorphous thermoplastic polyetherimide (PEI) material which combines exceptional mechanical, thermal, and electrical properties. Natural PEI has a translucent amber color and has many applications in medical, electronic/electrical, microwave, automotive, and aircraft industries.
• Excellent mechanical strength. Exhibits high tensile strength at room temperature and retains a significant portion of this strength at elevated temperatures.
• Outstanding heat resistance. Has a heat deflection temperature of 200°C, softening point of 218°C and retains its physical properties at elevated temperatures. It also has a flammability rating of V-0.
• Exceptional stress resistance to environmental forces.
• Inherent flame resistance (V-0) with low smoke evolution
• High mechanical strength. Exceptional tensile and flexural strength.
• High dielectric strength and stability, making it an excellent electrical insulator
• Low dissipation factor over a wide range of frequencies
• Good resistance to a broad range of chemicals
• Excellent machinability and finishing characteristics. Can be easily machined with conventional metalworking tools, painted, hot stamped, printed, or metallized.
• The resin used in this natural grade is FDA, USP Class VI and NSF compliant.
||NET WEIGHT: 0.5KG (1.1LB)
- Highly recommended to print this in a printer with an actively heated chamber.
- Bed temp 120°C +
- Print on PEI printing surface/tape/sheet.
- To improve printing performance PEI should be dried well prior to printing.