MATERIAL NET WEIGHT: 0.75KG
Custom sizes may be available, contact us for details.
PRINT SETTINGS: SEE BELOW.
Print settings listed in the product description below.
DATA SHEETS & COFC: AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Contact us to inquire about documentation availability.
3DXSTAT™ ESD PC
ESD PC 3D Printing Filament | Made in the USA | Reliable & clean ESD protection.
3DXSTAT™ ESD-Safe Polycarbonate (ESD PC) 3D Printing Filament
3DXSTAT™ ESD PC is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications which require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state of the art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance of 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
Benefits of Polycarbonate (PC) Include:
- High thermal properties including a Tg of 147°C
- Amorphous structure gives low, near isotropic shrinkage
- Excellent ductility and impact resistance
- Very low odor emitted while printing
- Wide processing range of 265-300°C
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ Include
- Consistent surface resistivity
- Improved retention of impact & elongation
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to outgassing and ionic contamination
Typical ESD PC Applications Include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Conveying, Metering, and Sensing Applications
Target Conductivity for 3DXSTAT ESD PC:
- 10^7 to 10^9 ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring test method.
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently, not to mention varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how ESD PC filament works in your specific printer and application.
Surface Conductivity as a Function of Extruder Temperature:
The surface resistance of the printed ESD PC part will vary depending on the printer’s extruder temperature. For example, if your testing indicates the part is too insulative, then increasing the extruder temperature will result in improved conductivity. Therefore, the surface resistance can be ‘dialed-in’ by adjusting the extruder temperature up or down depending on the reading you receive on your part.
|240°C - 270°C
- Extruder: 240-270°C. CarbonX™ CFR Nylon exhibits improved layer bonding at higher temperatures.
- Bed Temp: 80 - 100°C
- Bed Prep: Polyimide Tape, Clean glass with ABS/Acetone Slurry
- Hardened Nozzle: 0.4mm or larger. We strongly Hardened Steel Nozzles
- Layer Height: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers below 0.25mm with carbon fiber grades. Lower than 0.25mm may create too much back pressure in the hot end and result in poor feeding, jams, drive gear clicking, and eating a notch into the filament.
- Support: Our Aquatek water soluble support works great to create complex parts.