Elastomer TPE Filament - RED - 1.75mm
Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) is a flexible filament with a smooth, soft and rubbery texture. The TPE class of thermoplastics is the basis for most flexible filaments.
TPE vs TPU:
NOTE: Our TPE and TPU filament are NOT the same...
- The main difference between our TPU and TPE filament is that the density of TPU is approximately thirty percent higher than the density of TPE. This means TPE objects will be lighter than TPU objects.
- This also means that is an object is bent//stretched/deformed and then released, TPU will snap back to its original shape while TPE is more prone to deforming if overstretched.
- TPU has a smooth texture, and in filament form it is even glossy, while TPE has a more "rubbery" texture to it and in filament form is matte.
- Choose TPU when you want the part to be very tough, durable and yet flexible. Choose TPE when you want the part to be softer and have a more rubbery feel to it.
- TPU is generally considered to be easier to 3D print than TPE.
Our TPE comes in 2 shore hardness options:
- 80A = Softer / More Flexible
- 90A = Harder / Less Flexible
TPE is resistant to oil, grease and abrasions and has many applications including; automotive, power tools, sporting goods, medical devices, drive belts, footwear, inflatable rafts, profile applications, etc.
- low-temperature performance
- mechanical properties
- rubber-like elasticity and feel/texture.
- oil, grease & abrasion resistance
STORAGE: One large resealable bag with slider + an extra desiccant pack are included with every spool. The bag and extra desiccant are a great way to safely store your filament spool when not in use. It keeps your filament bone dry & free from any dust or dirt particles, so it's always ready for your next print.
|NET WEIGHT: 0.5 KG (1.1 LB)|
|220°C - 240°C||