MATERIAL NET WEIGHT: 0.75KG
Custom sizes may be available, contact us for details.
PRINT SETTINGS: SEE BELOW.
Print settings listed in the product description below.
DATA SHEETS & COFC: AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Contact us to inquire about documentation availability.
FIBREX® (Formerly 3DXMAX) ABS-GF10 Glass Fiber Reinforced ABS
FibreX™ ABS+GF10 glass fiber reinforced ABS is formulated to be stiff and strong with excellent dimensional stability. These features allow you to create structural parts without the lifting and warping that can often happen with unfilled ABS.
FibreX™ ABS+GF (10% Glass Fiber Reinforced ABS) 3D Printing Filament
FibreX™ ABS+GF is glass fiber reinforced ABS. It is tough as nails, very stiff, and strong allowing users to create structural parts without the lifting or warping that can happen with unfilled ABS. We use premium ABS and a special glass fiber chosen to be compatible with ABS and the FDM/FFF 3D printing process.
Benefits of ABS+GF Include:
- Ideal for structural engineering-grade applications
- Exceptionally stiff and strong without being brittle
- Excellent dimensional stability
- Very low shrinkage, warping, or lifting, something regular un-reinforced ABS is infamous for!
- High thermal properties allowing it to stay in use up to 98°C depending on mechanical loads applied
This material is particularly abrasive among 3D printing filaments. Users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly compared to standard wear and tear. When worn through, the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently and the printer will experience extrusion issues.
Because of this, it's strongly recommended this material be printed through a hardened steel nozzle rather than a softer metal. Hardened steel nozzles can often be inexpensive and easily installed depending on your printer manufacturer's instructions.
|230°C - 245°C
- Bed Temp: 95-110°C
- Nozzle: We strongly recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.25mm with glass fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Recommended, an enclosure helps reduce warping and improves print success. 30-80°C if at all possible
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is designed to work with complex models
- Drying Instructions: 80°C for 4 hours