MATERIAL NET WEIGHT: 0.75KG
Custom sizes may be available, contact us for details.
PRINT SETTINGS: SEE BELOW.
Print settings listed in the product description below.
DATA SHEETS & COFC: AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Contact us to inquire about documentation availability.
FIBREX™ 30% Glass Fiber Reinforced Nylon
FibreX™ PA6+GF30 glass fiber reinforced nylon copolymer is an engineering-grade material that has excellent mechanical and thermal properties [HDT of 170°C] while offering ease of printing in a wide array of desktop printers. This material is a must-have when printing functional prototypes and production parts.
Our Nylon+GF30 glass fiber reinforced Nylon 6 Copolymer (PA6) is nothing less than an industrial-grade beast! Formulated to be exceptionally stiff and strong, all without being brittle. Polyamides (PA) are the work horse of the plastics industry the world over thanks to their excellent mechanical, chemical, and thermal resistance. The addition of heavy glass fiber reinforcement takes it to the next level.
Benefits of Nylon+GF30 Include:
- Printable on practically any 3D printer with a heated bed
- Ideal for structural engineering-grade applications
- Exceptionally stiff and strong, without being brittle
- Excellent chemical resistance makes it suitable for automotive and industrial applications
- Resists fuels, lubricants, heat, and mechanical loading
- High thermal properties keep it strong up to 170°C in use, depending on printing and mechanical loads applied
- Glass fiber reinforcement improves dimensional stability, reduces shrinkage, lift, and warp
- Very strong layer bonding
|260°C - 280°C
- Extruder: 260-280°C
- Bed Temp: 60 - 75°C
- Nozzle: We currently recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.25mm with glass fiber reinforced filaments
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep or Polyimide Tape gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required, but a 30-80°C chamber does improve layer bonding and finished part mechanical properties
- Supports: AquaTek™ water soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material works ideal for complex parts.
- Drying Instructions: 90°C for 4 hours.