Keene Village Plastics new spool-less filament system allows filament coils to be produced without the need for a traditional spool.
- Saves money on shipping
- Eliminates the empty spool plastic waste
- Keep & reuse the master spool over & over
- Easy setup & swap Coils of filament
- Print one for yourself or buy one online
Performance PLA (P-PLA): High Heat, High Impact Blend
Performance Polylactic Acid (PLA) filament is the most common 3D printing material used in the 3D printing industry today. The premium bioplastic product is made from renewable natural resources and is biodegradable. This blend is made with a high heat, high impact grade of PLA developed for applications typically used with materials like ABS, while retaining it biodegradability. This resin has improved heat resistance and exhibits faster crystallization.
Features & Benefits
- Easy to use
- Minimal warping and shrinking
- Can be painted
Typical advantages of using this blend over Standard PLA
- Significant heat resistance improvement
- Significant impact resistance improvement
- Higher detail or resolution of prints
- Lower odor
- Improved layer adhesion
- Reduced warping, curling, deforming
All Keene Village Plastics 3D printer filament koils are manufactured in Barberton, Ohio, USA with top quality raw materials and 3-Axis laser-controlled precision providing the highest class of products for the 3D printing industry.
*IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BELOW REGARDING COMPATIBILITY WITH 3D PRINTED MASTER SPOOLS*
COMPATIBILITY WITH THE Filaments.ca EconoFil 1KG Master Spool:
This KVP Filament KOIL has a larger bore diameter than our own Filaments.ca EconoFil Refill Coils. In order to use this product on your existing EconoFil 3D printed master spool or the EconoFil Injection Molded master spool, you will need to use/print a simple adapter (see below) that will allow the spool to accept the larger diameter coil: You can download the adapter directly by clicking here. This file is also part of our EconoFil 3D printed Master Spool Thingiverse page.
COMPATIBILITY WITH THE KVP "SlantSpool" Master Spool:
Alternatively, KVP has specifically designed their own 3D printable master spool. (available to download here) which you can print and use with this product.
COMPATIBILITY WITH THE RichRap v4 MasterSpool:
The RichRap v4 masterspool will fit these 1kg refills "KOILS", while still completely usable, you won't be able to screw the two halves completely closed, as the spool was designed for only 850g of filament.
NET WEIGHT PER COIL: 1 KG (2.2 LB)
|190°C - 230°C
- PLA can be printed both with and without a heated print bed, but if your desktop 3D printer does have a heated print bed it is recommended to set your print bed temperature to approximately 60°C
- For greater strength, the print can be annealed
Reduce printing speeds to increase print quality
Use rafts and supports as necessary
Clean the nozzle after every use
- Annealing Temp: 110ºC – 120ºC for 20 mins.