Keene Village Plastics new spool-less filament system allows filament coils to be produced without the need for a traditional spool.
- Saves money on shipping
- Eliminates the empty spool plastic waste
- Keep & reuse the master spool over & over
- Easy setup & swap Coils of filament
- Print one for yourself or buy one online
Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol Modified (PETG) filament provides the resilience of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) with some features of Polylactic Acid (PLA) material allowing for a better print from your 3D printer.
Features & Benefits
- Excellent layer adhesion
- Warp resistance
- Reduced shrinkage
- Higher density
- Chemical resistance to both acidic and alkali compounds
- Flexible printing on glass, acrylic, glass, blue tape and polyimide tape
- Odorless during printing
All Keene Village Plastics 3D printer filament koils are manufactured in Barberton, Ohio, USA with top quality raw materials and 3-Axis laser-controlled precision providing the highest class of products for the 3D printing industry.
*IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ BELOW REGARDING COMPATIBILITY WITH 3D PRINTED MASTER SPOOLS*
COMPATIBILITY WITH THE Filaments.ca EconoFil 1KG Master Spool:
This KVP Filament KOIL has a larger bore diameter than our own Filaments.ca EconoFil Refill Coils. In order to use this product on your existing EconoFil 3D printed master spool or the EconoFil Injection Molded master spool, you will need to use/print a simple adapter (see below) that will allow the spool to accept the larger diameter coil: You can download the adapter directly by clicking here. This file is also part of our EconoFil 3D printed Master Spool Thingiverse page.
COMPATIBILITY WITH THE KVP "SlantSpool" Master Spool:
Alternatively, KVP has specifically designed their own 3D printable master spool. (available to download here) which you can print and use with this product.
COMPATIBILITY WITH THE RichRap v4 MasterSpool:
The RichRap v4 masterspool will fit these 1kg refills "KOILS", while still completely usable, you won't be able to screw the two halves completely closed, as the spool was designed for only 850g of filament.
NET WEIGHT PER COIL: 1 KG (2.2 LB)
|190°C - 230°C
- PLA can be printed both with and without a heated print bed, but if your desktop 3D printer does have a heated print bed it is recommended to set your print bed temperature to approximately 60°C
- For greater strength, the print can be annealed
Reduce printing speeds to increase print quality
Use rafts and supports as necessary
Clean the nozzle after every use
- Annealing Temp: 110ºC – 120ºC for 20 mins.