LulzBot TAZ Workhorse - 3D Printer
Ordering Note: The LulzBot TAZ WORKHORSE Edition is available for pre-order immediately and will begin shipping in June. Orders will be fulfilled in the order that they are received.
Large, Industry-Proven 3D Printer
The LulzBot TAZ Workhorse Edition is the industry’s most reliable and easiest-to-use desktop 3D printer. The next generation of the award-winning LulzBot TAZ line includes a strengthened design, improved motion system, premium hot end, and new automatic calibration features.
- 14% larger build volume.
- Supports 10+ materials.
- Strengthened design.
- Improved print quality and printed part accuracy.
The much-anticipated next generation of the award-winning LulzBot TAZ 6 3D Printer is the LulzBot TAZ Workhorse Edition which promises to deliver larger, faster, better quality prints, and introduces automatic X/Y/Z backlash compensation for improved print accuracy.
How The Best Was Made Even Better
“People have been using TAZ 3D Printers as tools in the most demanding environments,” said Aleph Objects CTO Steven Abadie. “With the TAZ Workhorse Edition, we gathered feedback from users in these conditions and added upgrades such as a reinforced frame and sturdier electrical connectors for unparalleled durability, while improving upon the already impressive print quality.” The LulzBot TAZ Workhorse Edition boasts a 14% bigger build volume than the TAZ 6. Getting faster, better quality prints is easier than ever with a new belt-driven Z-axis and a new, lightweight tool head design. Printing with a wide range of materials, including high-heat and high-strength composite polymers, is now possible straight out of the box with hardened-steel tool head components. An all-new LulzBotdesigned tool head with 360°cooling delivers superior overhang and bridge performance.
A Reputation for Reliability
The evolution of the TAZ Workhorse Edition, which was the result of seven iterations over six years, proved one thing over and over: the LulzBot TAZ line of 3D printers has a long-standing reputation for solid reliability. With millions of production-grade parts produced in-house with hundreds of LulzBot 3D Printers running nonstop for millions of hours, the workhorse notoriety has become an industry-proven deliverable.
22,344 cm³ or
280 x 280 x 285 mm,
11.0” x 11.0” x 11.2”
Superior print quality
- Premium E3D Hot end with 360 cooling.
- Belt driven Z-axis for fast cycle times and elimination of Z wobble.
- Six years of material profile development provide premium results.
- X/Y/Z Backlash Compensation* for 3D printed part accuracy.
- Lightweight tool head design for faster, better looking prints
- Strengthened Design
- Hardened-steel tool head components enable reliable printing of high-strength and high-heat composites that are too abrasive for other machines to use.
- Used to manufacture production-grade parts in-house
Easy, professional results
- Enhanced electronics for greater processing power, more memory, quiet operation, and additional functionality.
- Get professional results every time automated X/Y/Z calibration, nozzle wiping, and self-leveling features.
- Pre-configured material profiles created by expert in-house technicians.
- Dual z axis limit switches for automatic x-axis gantry leveling
- The industry’s widest array of supported materials with ready-to-print profiles including flexible, rigid, composite, conductive, high strength, and chemically-resistant filaments.
- E3D Hot ends enable flexible materials down to 85A shore hardness
Key Technical Specifications
- Tool Head: HS Tool Head | Hardened Steel | 0.5 mm
- Layer Resolution: 0.05 mm - 0.4 mm (0.002 in - 0.02 in)
- Max Hot End Temperature: 290°C
- Print Surface: Modular Borosilicate Glass/PEI
- Max Print Surface Temperature: 120°C
- Leveling: Automatic Z-Axis Compensation
- Calibration: Automatic X/Y/Z Offset Calibration
- Certifications: UL (Pending), FCC, CE, WEEE, OSHWA
Our Best Print Quality Yet
Premium Hot EndA lightweight tool head design, hardened steel E3D Titan Aero hot end, and 360° part cooling delivers precise, flawless-looking prints.
Belt Driven Z-AxisA belt drive Z-axis, technology exclusively found on LulzBot 3D Printers, eliminates "Z wobble" print artifacts often caused by threaded rods, while simultaneously speeding up cycle times.
Hardened-Steel ComponentsFrom high-heat and high-strength composites to flexible materials down to 85 Shore A hardness, the TAZ Workhorse can handle it all, straight out of the box.
More Accurate PrintsA concept used in professional-grade CNC's, the LulzBot TAZ Workhorse uses an innovative calibration cube to measure and compensate for X/Y/Z backlash, increasing printed part precision.
Modular BedThe Modular Print Bed System heats up quickly and features a reversible glass/PEI print surface, expanding versatility and simplifying maintenance.
Ready-To-Print Material ProfilesTweak designs, not material profiles. Our dedicated in-house technicians spend hundreds of hours verifying material quality and perfectly crafting ready-to-print profiles. All that's left for you to do is click print.
Z-Axis LevelingEnjoy automated z-axis leveling with dual z-axis limit switches and LulzBot's innovative belt driven z-axis.
Auto Leveling & CleaningSpend more time innovating, no leveling or tweaking required. An automated cleaning and leveling systems enables a hands-off printing experience.