Generally, 3D UV Resins are termed Non-Polar (oil-loving), while water is a polar substance where the molecule has electrical poles (water will conduct electricity whereas oil and such, i.e. 3D UV resins are far less likely to conduct electricity.) So that is sufficient enough to define the term polar and non-polar. Polar and non-polar substances (i.e. Oil into Water) will not combine or mix together.
There is another term called “Bi-Polar “, and this defines a substance that is both Polar and non- polar, examples of Bi-Polar substances are some of the more common Alcohols, i.e. Ethanol, Propanol and Iso-Propanol. A Bi-Polar solvent is one that will mix and dissolve into both a polar material and also a Non-Polar material or water and also oil equally well into each.
- Monocure 3D RESINAWAY® is a non-flammable, safe, highly advanced UV resin cleaning solution.
- It is chemically engineered to quickly & effectively remove any uncured UV photopolymer resin from 3D printed parts.
- Will not leave unwanted surface cracks, cloudiness or white residue.
- It is a perfect cleaner for build plates, vats & instruments.
- A safer, quicker, more effective and longer-lasting than Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA).
Isopropyl alcohol doesn’t effectively breakdown all the materials in photopolymer resin, it only dilutes it, giving the appearance of cleaning, but becomes saturated very quickly. This will cause it to be ineffective, leaving residual resin on the parts.
RESINAWAY® is engineered to target the uncured resin as it changes the chemical structure of it to make it soluble with water. Turning a non- water washable resin into one, meaning it can be easily washed away after the part is post cured.
Unlike IPA, RESINAWAY® will not emulsify with the uncured resin on the surface of the print. This can cause the surface to turn cloudy & frosted, taking away from the natural transparency of the resin. If printed parts are left in IPA for an extended period, cracks on the surface will be evident or even worse; it may cause the 3D printed model to crack in weak places.
HOW TO FINISH MY MODELS
- Use this cleaning agent as is, do not dilute with water.
- Start with a “pre-wash” of RESINAWAY® in a separate container to remove excess resin using a soft brush to assist.
- Submerge the models in ultrasonic cleaning bath containing ResinAway® until the uncured resin has been removed.
- Once clear of resin, remove the object from bath, use compressed air to remove excess liquid, otherwise pat dry with a lint-free cloth.
- Then post-cure the part using a recommended LED 405nm light until the surface is tack free (approx. 5 mins at 30 watts). The final process is to rinse under fresh water.
TIPS & DISPOSAL
- Wear Safety PPE
- Use with ultra-sonic cleaner
- Use compressed air for removing excess liquid
- Post-cure using a 405nm UV LED
- Rinse with clean water
- Replace once no longer effective
WARNING: This product is designed to remove uncured photo-polymer resins quickly and effectively, it may have an adverse effect on some plastics. We don’t recommend exposing this product to low-grade plastic materials for any length of time. Items such as plastic baskets in Ultra-Sonic cleaners could be affected if exposed.
NB: The Anycubic Wash & Cure station will NOT be affected by ResinAway.
Base Water miscible formula
Colour Clear Liquid
Flash Point (°C) High – Non-flammable formula
Viscosity 15 – 17 seconds (Zahn2 Flow Cup @ 20°C)
Odour Pleasant Negligible
Safety Approval Non-dangerous (approved for air-freight)
Shelf Life Minimum 36 months
Wash Up Water
Safety For further information – please refer to the SDS