Taulman 3D "618" is a high strength nylon co-polymer that is specifically engineered for 3D printing applications where excellent surface bonding, reduced water absorption, tear resistance and dye absorption are combined in an easy-to-print line.
Nylon 618 is an extremely high quality variety of nylon 6-6. Both the chemical composition and post processing developed by taulman3D work together to lower the print temperature of high quality nylon as well as reduce the non-uniformity that nylons exhibit in the melted state.
- Nylon 618 Prints as a bright natural to white with a translucent surface. It's possible to add color with most common clothing dyes.Nylon 618 is fully capable of absorbing acid based dyes.
- 618 printed with 100% fill rivals it's injection molded equivalents in strength. All of the features of nylon that we come to depend on are at the maximum in 618. Slippery surfaces, pliability, strength, non-scrape, chemical resistance and high thermal durability.
- Taulman 618 Nylon does not emit any fumes or odors when printing; You may see what looks like puffs of smoke, but it is actually water vapor or steam.
- Parts printed using Taulman 618 nylon filament will be instantly recognizable as high quality polymer/nylon with a visual and tactile surface quality second to none.
- Taulman 618 Nylon is machinable with similar settings and cutting speeds as used in Cast Nylon blocks.
- Chemically resistance to Alcohols, Resins+MEK, Oils, Acetone, Most all Alkaline, most 2 part Casting Compounds.
- 618 Contains NO toxic chemicals and is "inert" to the body
- Taulman 618 Nylon filament comes in spools of 450 grams (1 lb)
- Taulman 618's bonding is best at a true 245C; 240C-250C for most parts at average printing speeds.
- 618 will not print/stick to glass or aluminum print tables. The best table material for a new user is a flat piece of unfinished poplar wood or blue painters tape. For perfect adhesion, Taulman 3D recommends using Garolite (LE).
Storage: Please make sure to dry the nylons if they've been left in any humidity at all (Including shipping). All nylons will re-absorb humidity from the surrounding air in just 18 hr. So please make sure to store nylons, when not in use! Filaments.ca provides one large resealable bag with slider + an extra desiccant pack free of charge. The bag and extra desiccant are a great way to safely store your filament spool when not in use. It keeps your filament bone dry & free from any dust or dirt particles, so it's always ready for your next print.
*All Taulman 3D filaments are made in the U.S.
*Filaments.ca is an authorized Canadian Taulman 3D distributor.
*All orders are stocked and shipped from Toronto, Canada.
SPOOL HUB HOLE
TEMP. & DATA SHEET: