Taulman 3D "645" is a high strength nylon co-polymer that is specifically engineered for 3D printing applications where excellent surface bonding, reduced water absorption, tear resistance and transparency are combined into an easy-to-print line.
Taulman 645 comes from the same manufacturer as Taulman 618, it has all of the same remarkable characteristics when it comes to strength and durability. Taulman 645 Nylon has comparable warping properties as Taulman 618, but is different in that it is stronger, has improved surface bonding, and is more clear/translucent.
- Nylon 618 prints as a bright natural with a clear translucent surface.
- Very high strength
- Extreme durability
- Excellent bridging performance
- Superior surface texture
- Maximum bonding during a thermal (3D Printing) transition
- Taulman 645 Nylon filament comes in spools of 450 grams (1 lb)
- Taulman 645's bonding is best at a true 245C
- 618 will not print/stick to glass or aluminum print tables. The best table material for a new user is a flat piece of unfinished poplar wood or blue painters tape. For perfect adhesion, Taulman 3D recommends using Garolite (LE).
- 645 is an industrial line and as such is designed to print in greater layer heights than you usually print. There is no need to print fine layers unless you need high vertical resolution. We suggest 60% OF NOZZLE DIA.
- Taulman 645 has a slightly higher viscosity than other printing materials. As the layer height exceeds 50% of the nozzle dia, printing speed should be adjusted downward ~10% - 20%
- Retraction: due to a slightly higher viscosity, the retraction distance may need to be lengthened
- Excessive bubbles in the printed thread are an indication of a higher than required print temperature. Reducing Print temperature below 238C will result in less thread opacity due to recombination with the atmosphere, however this will also reduce bonding in layers exceeding 25% of nozzle diameter
- Shrinkage is equal to ABS and can be controlled using garolite (LE) as a print table cover/plate
- Heated beds help just as they do for printing with ABS
- Note: currently Taulman 645 measures 1.76mm to 1.83mm dia in a slightly oval shape due to the draw and cooling process. The line cross section is constant, however users should make a slight adjustment to their "Material Diameter" (1.78mm - 1.80mm) settings to accommodate this slight variance.
Storage: Please make sure to dry the nylons if they've been left in any humidity at all (Including shipping). All nylons will re-absorb humidity from the surrounding air in just 18 hr. So please make sure to store nylons, when not in use! Filaments.ca provides one large resealable bag with slider + an extra desiccant pack free of charge. The bag and extra desiccant are a great way to safely store your filament spool when not in use. It keeps your filament bone dry & free from any dust or dirt particles, so it's always ready for your next print.
*All Taulman 3D filaments are made in the U.S.
*Filaments.ca is an authorized Canadian Taulman 3D distributor.
*All orders are stocked and shipped from Toronto, Canada.
SPOOL HUB HOLE
TEMP. & DATA SHEET: