Our Nylon PA6 Polymer (Polyamide 6) premium filament is a durable material generally used to print extremely robust and heavy duty components such as casters, gears, bearings, fittings, etc. Nylon 6 fibres are tough, possessing high tensile strength, as well as elasticity and luster. They are wrinkle-proof and highly resistant to abrasion and chemicals such as acids and alkalis.
Although Nylon PA6 is more durable than ABS, printer settings are usually similar except for the printing temperature which is higher for Nylon.
This filament contains no harmful pollutants or heavy metals.
Please not that Nylon absorbs a fairly large amount of moisture. Keep partially used spools in dry storage. For best results, dry the filament before use.
STORAGE: One large resealable bag with slider + an extra desiccant pack are included with every spool. The bag and extra desiccant are a great way to safely store your filament spool when not in use. It keeps your filament bone dry & free from any dust or dirt particles, so it's always ready for your next print.
||NET WEIGHT: 1 KG (2.2 LB)
|230°C - 270°C
- If left out for in the open air for a few days, or foam comes out of the nozzle, will need to be dried before printing.
- The adhesion to the print bed increases with higher extrusion temperatures. (The best results were noted at around 260°C.)
- Set your print bed temperature to aprox. 95°C. (or higher if needed)
- Sticks well to Kapton tape when using heated print bed and PVA based glue.
- Some users experience success with a Garolite heated bed.
- Nylon sticks well to natural fibers, we've seen good results printing on MDF fiberboard.