POROLAY GEL-LAY is a new filament which has jelly-like properties. It comes from a new series of porous 3D printer filaments for building porous flexible objects.
Note: POROLAY filaments are designed for experimental use by experienced users.
This material is made from a rubber-elastomeric polymer and a PVA-component. That means that part of this filament is water soluble (PVA). Once you rinse this material in water, the PVA component dissolves and the rubber polymer remains as your micro-porous object. The jelly feature of this material makes it ideal for printing artificial limbs or body parts for e.g. robotics, marine animals, floatables and all other squishy objects. GEL-LAY is also very suitable for use in bio-mechanics and objects in water, marine organism flow simulation, etc.
Objects printed with GEL-LAY will feel strong, rigid and slightly bendable. After rinsing the print with water, the object becomes micro-porous & elastic. This makes it very suitable for printing soft and flexible rubber like objects. For the best results and for maximum flexibility of the printed object we recommend to immerse the print in a basin of tap water for 1 to 4 days.
POROLAY GEL-LAY 3D filament comes in coils of 250 grams.
- Optimal for printing soft rubber objects
- Near zero warp (deformation while printing)
- Micro-porous; pores are not visible to the naked eye
- Printed objects are hot-sealable after drying
- Printed objects can be filled not only with water, try to use emulsions of oil, glycerine, inks, salty solutions, or ionic liquids to make it conductive!
- Print less walls/shells and less filling % to shorten rinsing time
- All the components of GEL-LAY are harmless and food safe.
*Filaments.ca is an authorized Canadian POROLAY distributor.
*All orders are stocked and shipped from Toronto, Canada.
STORAGE: One large resealable bag with slider + a desiccant pack are included with every spool. The bag and extra desiccant are a great way to safely store your filament spool when not in use. It keeps your filament bone dry & free from any dust or dirt particles, so it's always ready for your next print.
SPOOL HUB HOLE