POROLAY LAY-FOMM is a new filament which is best characterized as foamy and highly porous. It comes from a new series of porous 3D printer filaments for building porous flexible objects.
Note: POROLAY filaments are designed for experimental use by experienced users.
This material is made from a rubber-elastomeric polymer and a PVA-component. That means that part of this filament is water soluble (PVA). Once you rinse this material in water, the PVA component dissolves and the rubber polymer remains as your micro-porous object. LAY-FOMM feels like soft rubber with holes and is therefore ideal for printing soft rubber-like objects, such as bendable suits and sponge-like objects, ink-reservoirs, bio-cells, micro-foam and elastics.
Objects printed with LAY-FOMM will feel strong, rigid. After rinsing the print with water, the object becomes micro-porous & elastic. This makes it very suitable for printing soft and flexible rubber like objects. For the best results and for maximum flexibility of the printed object we recommend to immerse the print in a basin of tap water for 1 to 4 days.
LAY-FOMM comes in 2 shore hardness variations; 40A and 60A.
40A is slightly softer than 60A.
POROLAY LAY-FOMM 3D filament comes in coils of 250 grams.
- Optimal for printing soft rubber objects
- Near zero warp (deformation while printing)
- Micro-porous; pores are not visible to the naked eye
- Printed objects are hot-sealable after drying
- Printed objects can be filled not only with water, try to use emulsions of oil, glycerine, inks, salty solutions, or ionic liquids to make it conductive!
- Print less walls/shells and less filling % to shorten rinsing time
- All the components of LAY-FOMM are harmless and food safe.
*Filaments.ca is an authorized Canadian POROLAY distributor.
*All orders are stocked and shipped from Toronto, Canada.
STORAGE: One large resealable bag with slider + a desiccant pack are included with every spool. The bag and extra desiccant are a great way to safely store your filament spool when not in use. It keeps your filament bone dry & free from any dust or dirt particles, so it's always ready for your next print.
SPOOL HUB HOLE