Recycled PS - Red - 1.75mm
By buying an OWA recycled PS filament you are opting for a new filament material for 3D printers:
PS (Polystyrene) is a technical, lightweight and durable thermoplastic that offers a quality alternative to conventional PLA and ABS. It combines the easy printing with mechanical properties of ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene plastic) filament.
Ease of printing
- Printability : good adherence to the plate, fast printing, very consistent filament that avoids blocking of the nozzles during printing.
- Easy post-treatment : secondary operations like finishing (filing, sanding), soldering and bonding.
- Visual quality : excellent quality of parts, of surface finishing and resolution, good dimensional stability, precision of printed parts (true to dimensions).
Good mechanical strength:
- Hardness and highly shock-resistant, even in cold temperatures.
- Optimal elongation constraints for a practically unbreakable filament: no rupture in mechanical traction tests, comparable elastic deformation to other polymers used in 3D printing.
Thanks to its technical characteristics, strength and versatility, PS has numerous possible applications, which makes it a true alternative to conventional PLA and ABS filaments:
- Capacity to withstand very strong mechanical forces: ideal for creating hard-wearing and durable parts such as functional prototypes, automotive parts, protective equipment…
- Easy printing, precision and stability of the printed parts: ideal for model-making, architectural scale models, toys and consumer goods…
A recycled and 100% sustainable PS filament born of an ingenious reuse of materials:
OWA 3D PS filaments are the result of a wholly controlled and certified plastics recycling process. 3D OWA spools and filaments are the result of reused materials recovered in particular from used ink cartridges collected and recycled by ARMOR. Combined with a collection service, OWA spools and filaments are designed to be completely recycled after use.
- A 30% reduction in carbon emissions environmental impact compared with virgin filament.
- You print in a responsible manner with a clear conscience.
Tested and approved: PS, a risk-free material
No toxicity for the user
OWA 3D PS filaments are tested and confirmed to be harmless for the health of its users.
In order to guarantee user safety, OWA has measured the VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions while its PS filaments are being used. The study proves that OWA 3D filaments present no health hazards in normal conditions of use.
A quality 3D filament compatible with all 3D filament deposition printers:
Tests are carried out at each production stage to ensure the regularity of our filaments and guarantee their compatibility with all printers.
No bubbles and a constant diameter, with a tolerance of ±0.05 mm, that guarantee smooth operation of the print nozzles and constant print quality from one spool to another, whatever the colour used.
Available in two diameters (1.75 and 2.85), OWA 3D PS filaments are compatible with all 3D printers and pens.
OWA’s teams and beta testers have tested a great many 3D printers from the main brands on the market: Dagoma, Leapfrog, Makerbot, Maylan, Mutoh, Tobeca, Ultimaker, Volumic 3D, Wanhao, Zortrax…
OWA 3D PS filaments come in a variety of packs. Makers, schools, universities, design and engineering firms, DIY enthusiasts, marketing or innovation departments… whether your 3D printing requirements are regular or occasional, we have the pack of 3D filaments that meets them.
Our filaments are supplied vacuum-packed. To store them properly between two uses, we advise you to keep them at room temperature and sheltered from humidity.
|NET WEIGHT: 0.75 KG (1.65 LB)|
|210°C - 260°C||