XSTRAND™ Glass Fiber Reinforced Polypropylene GF30-PP - 1.75mm
Developed by Owens Corning, a world leader in composite solutions, XSTRAND™ GF30-PP (GLASS FIBER REINFORCED POLYPROPYLENE) filament for 3D printing is a reinforced material designed to be compatible with any standard Fused Filament Fabrication 3D printer.
BENEFITS & PERFORMANCES:
- Materials designed for functional prototyping and industrial applications
- Engineered reinforced plastics
- Very high stiffness and strength (up to +250% compare to ABS)
- Large operational temperature range (-20°C to 120°C)
- Good chemical and UV resistance
- Very low moisture absorption
- Excellent layer adhesion
- Reduced warping effect compared to neat PP
XSTRAND™ GF30-PP is designed for functional prototyping and demanding applications such as industrial tooling, transportation, electronics, small appliances, sports & leisure...
How much temperature can the printed part handle? Wet or dry?
This is linked to the Heat Temperature Deflection Test. We choose the highest ISO standard value at 1.8MPa and both materials standard specimen is handling 120°C in temperature. For this standard test, material are conditioned 48h at 23°C and 50% moisture air before the test. However, this is a general value that is totally dependent to the part geometry.
About Owens Corning:
- A world leader in glass fiber composite
- More than 500 researchers in five R&D centers
- $5.7 billion sales (2016)
- 17,000 employees in 33 countries
- 3D Printing labs in Ohio, USA and France
When melted, XSTRAND™ filament can be abrasive due to its glass reinforcement. Printing with XSTRAND™ may reduce brass nozzles and extruder driving wheels’ lifetime. For a better experience, using hardened steel nozzles and extruder driving wheels is advised.
How quickly does it degrade your hardened nozzle – e.g. how many grams printed before replacement?
On the ultimaker we have 2,432 hours of successful prints using a hardened tool steel nozzle.
Ensure sufficient ventilation in your 3D printing space and avoid inhaling extrusion fumes.
XSTRAND™ filaments must be stored in a dry and temperate location. The product should remain in its original packaging, preferably closed, until beginning of use.
GF30-PP product is not very sensitive to moisture and does not require to be enclosed in a dry environment during printing.
|NET WEIGHT: 0.5 KG (1.1 LB)|
|220°C - 280°C||