MATERIAL NET WEIGHT: 0.5KG
Custom sizes may be available, contact us for details.
PRINT SETTINGS: SEE BELOW.
Print settings listed in the product description below.
DATA SHEETS & COFC: AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Contact us to inquire about documentation availability.
FIBREX PP+GF30 POLYPROPYLENE
FibreX™ PP+GF30 is made using a specialty formulated 30% glass fiber reinforced polypropylene copolymer that we created specifically for 3D printing. Our PP+GF30 is ideal when you need improved strength, stiffness, impact, dimensional stability, chemical resistance and high thermal properties.
FibreX™ PP+GF30 [Polypropylene] 3D Printing Filament
FibreX™ PP+GF30 is made using a specialty formulated 30% glass fiber reinforced polypropylene copolymer which we created specifically for 3D printing. Our formulation offers improved thermal properties and lower shrinkage & warp compared to competitive PP-based compounds.
Reinforcing this trusted engineering polymer with glass fiber really made it a game changer for industrial applications. 3D printed PP+GF30 parts can be found in a wide array of real-world functional end uses or prototypes with automotive, tooling fixtures and jigs, appliances, and sporting goods.
Benefits of PP+GF Include:
- Excellent resistance against a huge variety of chemicals
- Low density and weight
- Low shrinkage and warping
- Does not absorb moisture, no drying needed!
- High strength, stiffness, and impact resistance
Chemical Resistance of PP+GF
Since properties can change depending on print environment and 3D model geometry and/or surface area, it is always required to do your own testing, but Polypropylene is famous for its chemical resistances to a huge range of environments including:
- Acids: Acetic, Boric, Hydrochloric, Phosphoric, Stearic, Sulfuric, Uric
- Bases: Hydrocides of Ammonium, Barium, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium, Sodium
- Solvents: Acetone, Ethanol, MEK, Phenol (10%), Water
This material is particularly abrasive among 3D printing filaments. Users may find standard brass nozzles are chewed through very quickly compared to standard wear and tear. When worn through, the nozzle diameter will widen inconsistently and the printer will experience extrusion issues.
Because of this, it's strongly recommended this material be printed through a hardened steel nozzle rather than a softer metal. Hardened steel nozzles can often be inexpensive and easily installed depending on your printer manufacturer's instructions.
|240°C - 270°C
- Bed Temp: 80-110°C
- Nozzle: We highly recommend a hardened steel nozzle with a minimum diameter of 0.4mm for abrasive materials such as this
- Other: Ideal layer height is 60% of nozzle diameter. We do not recommend printing layers smaller than 0.2mm with abrasive filaments
- Bed Prep: Magigoo Bed Prep gives us the best results
- Heated Chamber: Not required
- Supports: AquaTek™ Water Soluble X1 USM Universal Support Material is one of the few materials capable of properly forming a strong, temporary bond for support. Polypropylene is infamous for being difficult to support, and X1 USM is ideal for the job
- Drying Instructions: Not needed