3D printing technology is evolving and advancing in many industries. Many manufacturers are relying on it to produce a wide variety of products. However, it is equally important to choose quality 3D filaments for the successful production. There are many filaments, but not all are quality.
Industries are predominantly and commonly using the ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) and PLA (Polylactic Acid) as the quality 3D printer filaments known for their ability to produce amazing prints. These filaments are mostly chosen because of their outstanding properties preferred by industries. Some properties of PLA and ABS are mentioned below:
Properties of PLA 3D printing materials
- PLA is biodegradable
- It does not produce UFCs (Ultrafine Particles)
- It has a pleasant sugary smell in extrusion
- Its extrusion temperature ranges from 160 degrees to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Does not warp easily
- Produce rigid products and the products have a glossy finish
- Its heat deflection point is at 60 degrees Celsius
Properties of ABS 3D filaments
- It is a petroleum made thermoplastic
- Produces more UFCs
- Produces flexible parts with a more glossy finish compared to PLA
- Has a smell likened to a burnt plastic in extrusion
- Its extrusion temperature ranges from 220 degrees to 260 degrees Celsius
- Has a heat deflection at 100 degrees Celsius
- Has high resistance to heat and lower friction coefficient than PLA
Where to find these quality 3D printing materials?
Filament.ca is a 3D printing Canada Company specializing with a wide variety of materials needed for 3D printing. It supplies quality filaments and raw materials to many users of this printing technology. The company strives to provide quality filaments; that is why it chose PLA and ABS filaments. In addition, it offers custom made materials which include water soluble, dissolvable, flexible wood, PET-G, and many more products.
Filament.ca is a leading and unmatched online store that supplies 3D printer filaments in Canada and abroad. Its products are collected from reputable manufacturers from Canada and international companies. The company, Filament.ca, ensures that the materials meet high-quality standards through frequent inspections.
Therefore, Filament.ca is an unparalleled supplier of quality 3D printing materials. It has a large network of filament suppliers. For all your printing needs, Filament.ca has a variety of materials to your rescue. The company has been offering these materials for many years and has helped many manufacturers. It only selects on the industry the products that are in high demand. A high demand reflects quality.
In addition to selling 3D printing materials, Filament.ca appeals to users of 3D printing to return the old materials that are no longer in use so that it can recycle them. This shows its contribution to environmental awareness.